Facilities, services and requirements
· Four double rooms with en-suite bathroom.
· Eat-in kitchen and saloon.
· Patio and outdoor furniture.
· Cold/heat air conditioning units in every room and in the saloon.
· Free high-speed WIFI inside the entire house.
· Television in the hall.
· Full-equipped kitchen (glass-ceramic hob, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, washing machine, etc.).
· Dishware, cutlery, pans, pots and other kitchen supplies.
· Hair dryer in every bathroom.
· Extra beds, cots and baby baths.
· First aid kit.
· Room cleaning service every two days. This service is not available if the whole house is rented.
· Sheets and towels are provided and are changed every four days, unless another option is requested. This allows a considerable energetic and water saving, favours the use of less chemical products and reduces the discharge of greenhouse effect gasses. This service is not available if the whole house is rented.
· Daily room cleaning service can be requested but it will be charged separately.
· Our guests have the option to have breakfast in Casa Babel without any charge. All goods are provided so the guests can have them when they wake up for themself. This service is not available if the whole house is rented and if it is rented by rooms only on specific dates. See and confirm in the reservation calendar when making the reservation please.
· We are professional nature guides and photographers with deep knowledge in ornithology and nature/environment photography. We will be pleased to help planning your stay and your activities around Extremadura.
· We speak English.
· We offer a wide range of nature activities and services through our company Extremadura Wildlife:
- Nature and birdwatching guided tours.
- Mountain bikes rental.
- Bike guided tours in the Monfragüe Biosphere Reserve.
- Photographing nature and birds from inside hides.
- Hiking routes.
- Hot-air balloon tours.
- 8×40 binoculars rental. These rental earnings are entirely donated to two NGO: one humanitarian carrying out medical work in developing countries and another one conservationist. This year the chosen ones are again Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) and Global Nature Foundation. The project “Take care of others while watching the nature” is a social, non-profit initiative that Casa Babel is promoting with the aim of helping to make a better and fairer world.
· Casa Babel library sells nature and bird books for all ages as well as Extremadura ecotourism maps.
· Casa Babel also has a small shop with products from Extremadura: wines, extra virgin olive oil, acorn liquor, jams, honey, soaps… and merchandising and souvenirs from our lodging: t-shirts, badges, safety pins, etc.
· A complete dossier about Monfragüe National Park, its environment and Extremadura birds, as well as tourist information about Cáceres County and Extremadura is at our guests´ disposal.
· Casa Babel has an ornithological and nature library with books and magazines in Spanish, English, French, Italian, etc. that can be consulted during your stay (prior notice).
· Check in from 2 pm, check out before 12 am.
· Pets are allowed if you rent the whole house (8 euros per day and pet, 10 euros in case of renting one night).